Testimonial: "ACD helped us put clear processes in place with the school so that we could follow things up." - Parent
Every child and young person has the right to participate, learn and achieve at school.
Students with disability have the right to enrol in a school on the same basis as students without disability, and schools must make reasonable adjustments so that students with disability can participate on the same basis as other students.
You play an important part in helping to make that happen. Children and young people do best when families and schools work together.
This information will help you support your child’s education.
Your child's rights and starting school
Support for students with disability
- Working in partnership with your child’s school
- Funding for students with disability in government schools
- Funding for students with disability in Catholic schools
- Student Support Groups
- 10 Tips for effective Student Support Group meetings
- Reasonable adjustments
- Students Support Groups and reasonable adjustments during COVID-19
- Individual Education Plans
- About Me student profile
- Education Support Planner
- Behaviour support at school
- Professional development for educators
- Suspensions and expulsions