Testimonial: "ACD worked with us to develop a strategy to access services and a plan to address the issues we were facing." - Parent
ACD advocates for children with disability in a number of ways:
Self-advocacy: we empower families with the knowledge, skills and confidence to advocate for their child.
Individual advocacy: we support families to advocate for their child.
Systemic advocacy: we raise issues that impact all children with disability and their families directly with key decision makers.
We do this by:
- Meeting with key MPs and government ministers
- Giving families the opportunity to talk directly to MPs and government ministers
- Making submissions to royal commissions, government inquiries and reviews
- Participating in a number of government advisory committees
- Partnering with other organisations
Disability Royal Commission
The Disability Royal Commission is an important opportunity to speak up to make things better for people with disability.
Read more about how you can have a say:
Our recent systemic advocacy work
Our systemic advocacy work over the past 12 months has included:
- Joint Parliamentary Committee on NDIS
- National Youth Transitions Commission
- Department of Education and Training Roundtable on transitions to school for students with disability
- National Disability Strategy (DSS)
- Early Childhood Reforms (DET)
- Allied Health Workforce Review (DHHS)
- Before and After School Care for Students with Disability Review (DET)
- Roadmap to Reform Review (DHHS)
- Learning Difference Reference Group (DET)
- National Consistent Collection of Data for Students with Disability review of the Parent Guide
- Victorian Government NDIS Implementation Taskforce
- Autism State Plan Advisory Group
- Department of Education and Training Disability Stakeholder Reference Group
How to get involved in our systemic advocacy
Join ACD to make our voice stronger when we advocate for children with disability and their families.
As an ACD member, you will receive information about opportunities to have a say on the issues that matter most to children with disability and their families.
- ACD and Amaze welcome Victorian government announcement (PDF)
- Joint Statement from ACD and Amaze on support for students with disability (PDF)
- Reflections on remote flexible schooling during COVID-19 (PDF)
- ACD Submission to the Inquiry into the Victorian Government's response to the COVID-19 pandemic (PDF)
- ACD Statement on the death of Willow Dunn (PDF)
- Submission to Review of the NDIS Act and Participant Service Guarantee (PDF)
- Submission to Joint Standing Committee into NDIS Planning (PDF)
- ACD Federal Election Platform 2019 (PDF)